Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Simple Womans Daybook

FOR TODAY... April 13, 2010

Outside my window...overcast, dreary, little breeze.

I am thinking...that the only good thing about being sick is staying in my pj's and taking naps.

I am thankful....that I don't have to rise at the crack of dawn to get my kids ready for school!

I am wearing...pj pants, t-shirt, slipper socks & slippers. What a slug I am:)

I am remembering...not much. My minds pretty much full of mush right now.

I am going...to take it easy this week. Pay our taxes, which came back better than we'd expected.

Some plans for the rest of the week...not much. Rest, reading. Maybe a field trip on Friday to Civil War days, if the weather cooperates and everyone feels better.

I am currently reading... Laying Down the Rails by Sonya Shafer, The Bible, The Original Homeschooling Series, Kaleidoscope by Patsy Clairmont, Peace Like a River by Leif Enger. I really need to get through a couple of these.

I am hoping... that those fruits of the spirit will start growing.

On my mind...again, not much!

From the learning room....back to school, but taking it slow. Our new artist for the next six weeks is Mary Cassatt. Our poet is Lewis Carroll. I'm also adding in hymn study & composer study-Bach.

Noticing that...the roses were blooming prettily, and then the rain & wind kind of smashed them.
Pondering these words...a word fitly spoken....Prov. 25:11a

I am creating...nothing new this week. My goal is to complete a couple of those books 0n my list!

I am hearing...the crackle of the fire, Lulu coughing-poor girl, and cartoons on t.v.

From the kitchen...ah-for me, turkey burger, broccoli & cauliflower, mixed rice & spinach salad-from a Biggest Loser meal plan article in a magazine. For everyone else, probably chicken and potatoes w/the veggies & salad.

Around the house...the bathrooms need to be cleaned and some light bulbs need to be changed.

One of my favorite things...the back of a baby's neck.

From my picture journal... these are 8 of the ten cousins that were here last week. Aren't they adorable?



Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Nadia said...

Such a cute picture! Love it!

Post a Comment