Monday, March 22, 2010

The Simple Womans Daybook

FOR TODAY... March 22, 2010

Outside my window...it's sunny, but the wind is blowing. It doesn't feel like it will reach 70's today as promised.

I am thinking...that I missed posting my weekly wrap-up last week. Busy weekend.

I am thankful....that my kitty Dallas was found. Interesting story.

I am wearing...workout pants, t-shirt, tennies and a sweatshirt.

I am remembering...what it was like when my children couldn't yet talk.

I am going...to start watching my Simply Charlotte Mason all-day seminar DVD for some motivation.

Some plans for the rest of the week...Lulu has an orthodontist appointment on Wednesday. Thursday I'm going back to the used curriculum store to pick up any leftover items I had and get Blakester's next science book. Also, getting a haircut finally! Conducting our yard sale this weekend since we're supposed to have better weather.

I am currently reading... Laying Down the Rails by Sonya Shafer, The Bible, The Original Homeschooling Series, Kaleidoscope by Patsy Clairmont. And, yes, I did start another Jodi Picoult book-Change of Heart. I have no self-discipline!

I am hoping... to be able to take some trips for our California history studies.

On my mind...family.

From the learning room....started reading about the California gold rush. Working on the habit of attention, obedience and orderliness without nagging.

Noticing that...per our message at church this weekend, most of what we think are crises in our life are self-inflicted.

Pondering these words...prayer.

I am creating...more scrapbooking pages.

I am hearing...Blakester & Lulu goofing off at the table when they should be finishing lunch. Conman's gameboy music.

From the kitchen...Chicken with lemon & garlic, veggies-asparagus & tomatoes, and brown rice.

Around the house...things are somewhat in order. Still pulling items out from here and there for the yard sale. Still thinning things out for our upcoming (hopeful) move.

One of my favorite things...jeans.

From my picture journal... the results of our fabulous girls day out. Seven pairs of perfectly manicured toes.



2 comments:

Patty said...

I have stuff pulled out and sitting in the corner just waiting for something ~ a yard sale might be a good idea. I hope yours is successful. Have a great day.

Hen Jen said...

wisdom that..."most of what we think are crises in our life are self-inflicted." very true.

the foot shot is a fun pic!

have a blessed week!

Post a Comment