Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cheap Finds

I was so glad to see the sun out today!

We had to take a break this morning from school to run a few errands and I decided to stop at a favorite thrift store of mine. Usually I visit this store on Tuesdays, because everything is 50% off. But I was in the area today, so why not? I was happy I did because we found a few treasures.

I found three interactive poster sets. They are the history of flight, the dinosaur era and dinosaur giants. The sets include the poster, 20 reusable stickers and a teacher's guide. These were marked with a retail sticker of $7.95, but I paid only....are you ready for this.....29 cents each!





I bought this Hexed logic puzzle game. 49 cents. Thought it might be a good workbox item.

I picked up this Children Around the World poster set. There were supposed to be 16 posters, but it only had 8 in it. I have some workbooks & flashcards that I can use with these for a children around the world study. This was 99 cents.

This next one might very well become a favorite of mine. It is Teacher Tested Timesavers, a workbook filled with reproducible forms. I skimmed through it and found so far: award pages, bookmarks, subject banners, story starters, checklists, blank calendars, month banners, game board sheets, word lists and planning forms. I'm going to look through it more tonight. This had a retail sticker tag on it for 99 cents and I paid 29 cents.


For crafting, we found a bag containing 220 small googly eyes for 29 cents. Lulu picked out a bag of fabric scraps for quilting for a dollar.


I always find a few books to bring home. Today I found:

"Feelings" by Aliki

"What Time Is It? A Book Of Math Riddles " by Sheila Keenan

"The Cloud Book" and "The Mysterious Giant of Barletta" by Tomie de Paola

"Maggie and the Pirate" by Ezra Jack Keats

"What Am I Made Of?" by David Bennett

"The Crayon Counting Book" by Pam Munoz Ryan

"Counting on the Woods" by George Ella Lyon

Pilgrim's First Thanksgiving by Ann McGovern

"Where's Gomer? " by Norma Farber

These were all 29 cents each!


I also picked up a couple magazines for the kids to cut up to make a large food pyramid and a book for myself.

Can you tell I love a good deal? Homeschooling can become expensive if you let it. I'm always on the lookout for something inexpensive to add to my supplies. So I'll post a "cheap finds" section when I find some good deals!


No comments:

Post a Comment