Saturday, January 16, 2010

More Cheap Finds....

While we were at the library yesterday, I found these books at the Friends of the Library bookstore:


Now, I know they appear to be old & ratty; the inside & outside covers have been written on in some places and the covers are frayed. But that's ok. They are well-worn, well-read classics bound in red cloth published in 1937 by Spencer Press. "The Last of the Mohicans", "The Count of Monte Cristo", "The Hunchback of Notre Dame", "The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin", and "Ben Hur". I like to think they might have been part of someone's well-loved library.

There's something about an older book that appeals to me. In this case, not only was it the look, but also the price. For only 50 cents a piece I was able to add these to my library. I was rather excited!

I also picked up some children's books for a quarter a piece:
The Moffats by Eleanor Estes
Esio Trot by Roald Dahl
My Apron Book by Eric Carle

More later....

2 comments:

NCMom said...

How exciting to find beautiful books at such a great price! (I'm ncmom2boys on hsreviews...)

Your Fluffy kitty is heavenly. Beautiful cat.

Blessings,
Kim

Shannon said...

I love finding great deals on books, especially the old ones!

The pic of our fluffy one doesn't do his justice; he is even much more handsome in person..thanks for the comments!

Shannon

Post a Comment