Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Random Ramblings

I have just a short post tonight. I was absent from the blogging world over the weekend. My husband returned on Saturday from a 9 day (yes, I said 9 day) trip to Wyoming with some friends. I spent my weekend readjusting to life with a spouse.

I'm not a night owl by nature. I used to go to bed when the sun went down. Which in the winter could mean 5:00. Just kidding. But I've always been an early to bed, early to rise, kind of gal.

But because I was flying solo last week I wasn't able to get everything done before bed that I had aspired to. So, quite by mistake, I discovered the joy of the wee night hours. Well, maybe not extremely wee. Only till 1:00 at the latest and that was because I was digging through tax preparation stuff.

I never could understand my friends who would stay up late scrapbooking, cleaning, reading....But last week I had several AH HA moments! There was no one up at that hour to interrupt my book time. I could actually finish a whole chapter! Even two if I wanted! I was able to surf the net without someone standing over my shoulder waiting for their turn on the 'puter. (Like right now when they should have been in bed 15 minutes ago.) I could eat popcorn and watch "The Biggest Loser" without having to share my snack or give up my t.v. show for one that was more preferable to others. I assembled file folder games & mini offices for the kids. I even did my bible study every night! Wow, what joy! What freedom! I reveled in it!

I also discovered how difficult it is to get up in the morning when one has been puttering around half the night.

I'm still trying to decide if the sacrifice is worth the gain....

No comments:

Post a Comment