Monday, May 10, 2010

The 12 Days of Homeschool





I came across this youtube video linked from a discussion on homeschoolreviews.com and wanted to share it. The question that started the post was "What is the weirdest/dumbest reason you've heard against homeschooling?" One poster referenced this video saying that this sums it up. I agree. I'm only in my 3rd year of homeschooling and I've heard every reason or question this group sings about, plus some! Hang in there till the end of the video, it's worth it.

I have some people tell me they do not have the patience I do. Um, those that know me, know I am not a very patient person.

Others have told me that being home with their kids all day would drive them crazy. Yes, there are days I agree with that. But actually, the thought of ever having to send them back to public school really tears me up. I'm used to having them here each and every day, and could not imagine watching them get on that big yellow bus and not having them home with me.

I chose to have children because I wanted them, and God was kind enough to loan them to me for a little while. It is hard to be surrounded by little people that need all you have to give, all day, every day. There are days I just want five minutes of quiet, uninterrupted time. But you know what, I'll get that when they're grown and on their own. And at that point, I'll probably really miss them.
Enjoy!





3 comments:

Amy said...

What a great post, I totally agree. I'm so glad there are others out there like us :D

Sabrina P said...

great video!

Shannon said...

Glad you enjoyed it~

Post a Comment