Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekly Wrap Up #6

Here's our week in review. You can head over to Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers to see what others have been up to.

Our Mary Cassatt picture for last week's study was "Sarah in a Green Bonnet." This was such a sweet picture I couldn't resist posting it.



Our poem of the week was "A Boat Beneath a Sunny Sky." Here is the link to the site where I found a listing of Lewis Carroll poems.

We were able to add some new critters to our personal field guides. Blakester found some June bugs in the flowers.

Conman captured a ladybug one day. After he let it go, the little bug flew back into the house. He swore it was following him.

Blakester is pretty adamant he spotted a Bald Eagle soaring overhead one day. Very cool.

I spent some time watching my Charlotte Mason All-Day Seminar on DVD. I'll post a full review on this later this week. I also started using the Planning Your Charlotte Mason Education resources to plan for next year. I made purchases this week online of all the necessary books, with the exception of math, that I'll need next year. I'll get my Math-U-See books at the convention in July to avoid shipping charges.

We also spent some time shopping for some much needed spring clothing and restocking the cupboards since we're at the first of the month.

Til tomorrow~



2 comments:

Chic Mama said...

I can't wait to see what you thought of The All Day Charlotte Mason DVD! I reviewed it a couple of months ago and totally loved it!

Anonymous said...

ooh, I hope you like the DVD!! Sounds like a great week and I love the Mary Cassett painting. She is one of my favorite painters.

Post a Comment